ONLINE Somatic Movement Teacher Training
Somatic Movement Teacher Training – The Core
Our “Core” Somatic Movement Teacher Training is inspired by the work of Thomas Hanna and gives you a basic overview of the history of Somatics as well as introducing you to the core principles behind this technique. The course will give you the flexibility to both teach somatic movement classes and/or adapt and transform your existing movement practice to give it a somatic flavour. We will guide you into using somatic teaching skills, including the Art of Cueing, Use of Language and Motor Planning, as well as help you develop somatic movement techniques: Pandiculation, Differentiation, Fractionation and Integration.
Our training is aimed at existing movement teachers wishing to extend their development into this area. Having some experience of Hanna Somatic inspired movement, either through personal explorations via online videos/DVD, or participation in classes or workshops before attending the course is a requirement. We have video tutorials and classes that can assist you with this.
During the course we will focus on 15 foundational Somatic Movement Sequences, highlighting the core components of each sequence as well as how to bring variety into your teaching of them.
The movement section of the course is divided into 9 key areas:
- Soma Scans
- Movement Pattern 1: Back Shortening /Front Lengthening
- Movement Pattern 2: Front Shortening /Back Lengthening
- Movement Pattern 3 : One Side Shortening /OneSide Lengthening
- Movement Pattern 4: Rotational
- Hips and Legs
- Neck and Shoulders
The training includes:
- comprehensive manual
- downloadable videos for each of the Somatic Movement Sequences covered
- entry into an online RSY Somatic Movement teachers support group
- access to further continuing education trainings (currently including: teacher tune-ups, head neck and jaw training with more add-on trainings on the way).
The course will be delivered via
- 8 x 3hr sessions using Zoom (recorded for future use)
- a Facebook Group for ongoing support and connection as well as course related Q&As
- Video tutorials of all the movement sequences
- Access to recorded classes
In addition, participants will be assisted to organise practise teaching sessions online in peer-to-peer groupings to help integrate new learnings and develop new teaching skills.
The training will be led by two trainers – David Fleming and Amanda Franklin. Both are experienced Somatic Movement Teachers & Trainers who bring a wealth of somatic movement knowledge from various modalities: both are trained teachers of Nia, Nia 5 Stages, Aerial Yoga, Essential Somatics and Gentle Somatic Yoga. They are also Aerial Yoga Teacher Trainers and David is a Clinical Somatic Educator.
Winter 2020/2021 dates for the LIVE zoom sessions:
- 21st and 28th November
- 5th and 12th December 2020
- 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th January 2021
Your investment: £600: an intial non-refundable deposit of £175 to secure your place and access video tutorials + final payment of £425 due one week before the first LIVE zoom session commences. Fill in the contact form to request registration details.
If you would like to chat before joining us, we are holding a live Q&A on zoom 24th October. Fill in the contact form below, and ask for the zoom login details.
Contact us to Register