Online Somatic Movement Teacher Training – Core Module
Our “Core Module” Somatic Movement Teacher Training is inspired by the work of Thomas Hanna and gives you a basic overview of the history of Somatics as well as introducing you to the core principles behind this technique. The course will give you the flexibility to both teach somatic movement classes and/or adapt and transform your existing movement practice to give it a somatic flavour. We will guide you into using somatic teaching skills, including the Art of Cueing, Use of Language and Motor Planning, as well as help you develop somatic movement techniques: Pandiculation, Differentiation, Fractionation and Integration.
Our training is aimed at existing movement teachers wishing to extend their development into this area. Having some experience of Somatic Movement, either through personal explorations via online videos/DVD, or participation in classes or workshops before attending the course is a requirement. We have video tutorials and classes that can assist you with this.
During the course we will focus on 15 foundational Somatic Movement Sequences, highlighting the core components of each sequence as well as how to bring variety into your teaching of them.
The movement section of the course is divided into 9 key areas:
- Soma Scans
- Movement Pattern 1: Back Shortening /Front Lengthening
- Movement Pattern 2: Front Shortening /Back Lengthening
- Movement Pattern 3 : One Side Shortening /OneSide Lengthening
- Movement Pattern 4: Rotational
- Hips and Legs
- Neck and Shoulders
The training includes
- comprehensive manual
- downloadable videos for each of the Somatic Movement Sequences covered
- entry into an online RSY Somatic Movement teachers support group
- access to further continuing education trainings
The course will be delivered via
- 9 x 3hr group sessions using Zoom (recorded for future use)
- a Facebook Group for ongoing support and connection as well as course related Q&As
- Video tutorials of all the movement sequences
- Access to recorded classes
- 1:1 Zoom calls during the training, as needed
In addition, participants will be assisted to organise practise teaching sessions online in peer-to-peer groupings to help integrate new learnings and develop new teaching skills.
The training will be led by both David and Amanda. We are both experienced Somatic Movement Teachers & Trainers and we bring a wealth of somatic movement knowledge from various modalities: we are both trained teachers of Nia, Nia 5 Stages, Aerial Yoga, Essential Somatics and Gentle Somatic Yoga. We are both also Aerial Yoga Teacher Trainers and David is a Clinical Somatic Educator.
2021 dates for the LIVE zoom sessions
19th June – 31st July
4th and 25th July
All zoom sessions are 9.00am – 12.30pm UK time. (Click here for your local times)
All zoom sessions are recorded and uploaded to a private facebook group.
Minimum of 7 out of the 9 sessions live attendance is required, and must include 19th June and 31st July
How to register
Your investment: £600: an intial non-refundable deposit of £150 to secure your place and access video tutorials + final payment of £450 due one week before the first LIVE zoom session commences.
Fill in the contact form below to register and request payment details.