Date(s) - May 23, 2021 - June 13, 2021
10:00 am - 11:15 am
Our next 4 week online Somatic Breathing Course via Zoom is coming up: SUNDAYS: 23rd and 30th May & 6th and 13th June . Classes are 10.00 -11.15am GMT (check your time zone here)
In this new course we’ll be focusing on the connection between the pelvic floor and breathing.
The pelvic floor is the area of musculature at the base of the pelvis between the two sit bones, the pubic bone at the front and the sacrum at the back. It is an area of musculature which together with the thoracic diaphragm, the abdominals and deep back muscles, plays a large part in breathing. Restrictions in the functioning of the pelvic floor can lead to distortions in breathing that can show up as limited movement of the diaphragm, over engagement of muscles in the abdomen and/or low back.
The pelvic floor is interconnected with the psoas muscle. The psoas connects to the spine, at the back of the diaphragm and the inside of the thigh bones below, passing through and interconnecting with muscles in the pelvis. As such this area not only has an influence on breathing but also the coordination of the spine and movement of the legs in walking.
During these sessions you’ll be guided :
– to focus awareness on the pelvic floor to better sense this area with greater clarity
– to explore the way the pelvic floor moves in relation to the other muscles of the diaphragm, the low back and the abdomen as you breath
– to develop a greater sense of your breathing volume
– to explore how changes in the way you engage the muscles in the pelvic floor can support changes in your active breathing patterns.
Throughout the course you’ll be offered
– GUIDED SOMA SCANS to help you tune into sensing focus areas
– LYING AND SEATED SOMATIC SEQUENCES, using the breath as the means to extend awareness further into yourself
– VARIED BREATHING SEQUENCES to open up and enhance the way you engage your lungs as you breathe.
You will also be added to a PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP, where the recording of each class will be uploaded. That way you can join us even if you can’t make it to the live class, and you will also have the opportunity to re-take the class AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT for the duration of the course + 7 days.
Your Investment: £35
TO REGISTER AND JOIN US
Please click the link to make your payment: https://tinyurl.com/somabreathepelvicfloor after which you will receive an email with links to the zoom classes and the facebook group.